- 16 Ripe strawberries
- Balsamic glaze
- 50 gr Parmesan cheese
- 200 gr Mozzarella
- 2 tbs Pine nuts
- ½ bunch basil
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare it
- Remove the basil leaves from the stem and put them in a blender.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, pine nuts and a splash of olive oil.
- Blend everything in the blender to form a thick pesto. Add olive oil until the pesto just holds together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the mozzarella and briefly marinate the slices in the pesto.
- Remove the crowns from the strawberries and slice them thickly. Sprinkle a few drops of balsamic glaze over the top.
- Place alternating strawberry and mozzarella slices on the plate.
- Garnish with a few drops of pesto, some balsamic glaze and fresh basil leaves. Grind a bit of fresh pepper over the top. Summer on a plate!