- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp spicy sauce (like Tabasco or sambal)
- 2 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 300 gr tofu
- 150 gr sweet potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- pepper and salt for seasoning
- 150 gr chickpeas
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Other ingredients for the bowl
- 100 gr grated carrot
- 200 gr boiled quinoa
- 150 gr green vegetables (green beans, sugar snaps, mangetout, cabbage)
- 2 diced avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
How to prepare it
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Stir the marinade ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Put the marinade mixture in a small bowl and add the tofu. Set aside for at least 30 minutes, so the tofu will be well marinated. It should not marinate for longer than one day.
- Place the sweet potato, onion and garlic onto a baking tray and sprinkle with some oil, pepper and salt. Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Put the chickpeas, pepper, salt, chilli powder and garlic powder in a small bowl and stir together.
- Put the chickpeas in a pan and cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Then set aside.
- Cook the tofu in the same pan, about 10 minutes on each side. If preferred, you can cut the tofu afterwards (when it’s cooled down!)
- Grab a bowl and add the quinoa, carrot, lettuce, avocado, chickpeas and tofu.
- Sprinkle with some lemon juice.