- 5 tbsp self-rising flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp oatmeal
- 3 dates 1 small apple
- 1 tbsp brown caster sugar
- 60 ml milk
1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 eggs
How to prepare it
- Sieve the self-rising flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl.
- Cut the dates and half an apple into small pieces. Slice the other apple half into four wedges and set aside.
- Stir the date and the chopped apple together with the oatmeal and caster sugar into the sifted flour.
- Beat the eggs and milk until smooth and then stir into the mixture. Be careful not to mix for too long!
- Grease two large mugs with butter. Spoon the batter into the mugs and heat for 2 minutes in the microwave at the highest setting.
- Garnish with the icing sugar and the apple wedges.