- 200 g wholemeal wheat flour
- 200 g carrots
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 60 g walnuts
- 60 g hazelnuts
- 50 ml maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 200 g sour cream
- 2 tbsps cocoa
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
How to prepare it
- Peel and dice the carrots into cubes measuring 0.5 centimetres. Crush the walnuts and hazelnuts into coarse pieces.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the salt, nuts, 50 ml maple syrup, eggs and carrots and mix well.
- Carefully fold the flour into the mixture with a spatula.
- Grease a cake tin and distribute the batter evenly in the tin. Bake for 30 minutes in an oven preheated to 170 degrees.
- Prepare the chocolate cream. Mix 1 tbsp of maple syrup together with the 2 tbsps of cocoa in a mixing bowl. Add the sour cream and blend until smooth.
- Slice the cooled cake into slices and serve with a generous spoonful of chocolate cream on top.