- 200 g chickpeas
- 30 g tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 60 ml water
- 1 small beetroot (approx. 100 g)
- a pinch of extra cumin, paprika and salt
How to prepare it
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor or put them in a pan and put your hand blender to work.
- Mix everything to form a smooth paste. It may take a while before you have a truly creamy texture, but it’s worth the wait.
- Taste the hummus. If you think it needs more salt or lemon juice, go ahead. Mix everything together well.