- 18 shelled king prawn tails (head removed)2 eetrijpe avocado’s
- 2 ready-to-eat avocados
- 1 ripe cantaloupe melon
- 1 lemon
- 1 apple
- 1 bunch chervil
- Curry powder
- Ginger syrup
How to prepare it
- Pan-fry all the prawns in olive oil and season to taste.
- Cut the melon, avocado and apple into equal 1cm cubes.
- Sprinkle a little lemon juice on the apple and avocado cubes to stop them going brown.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of curry powder in a little oil and mix in a dessertspoon of ginger syrup.
- Remove from the heat and add 5 dessertspoons of mayonnaise.
- Arrange the apple, melon and avocado cubes alternately in a deep dish or tumbler to make a chess-board design.
- Mix the chopped prawn tails with half of the mayonnaise and arrange them randomly over the dish.
- Use the rest of the mayonnaise to pipe little dots as decoration. Finish off by garnishing with a sprig of chervil and hang the remaining whole prawns from the rim.